Martial Arts training offers benefits for individuals of all ages. As a new season begins–be it the New Year, the First Day of Spring, or the start of a new school year–many people feel hopeful, dream big, and start making plans for the coming months. Parents also have plans and dreams for their children. Whatever the details of an individual’s resolutions and goals, most of us want to become healthier, happier, and stronger. The greatest gift we can give our children is the confidence, discipline, and fortitude to accomplish their own life goals.
Committing to Martial Arts classes can be both the motivator and the vehicle for making start-of-the-season dreams a reality. Keep reading to learn the benefits of martial arts training for kids, teens, and adults. Or click here to sign up for a 6-Week Trial and experience a martial arts class for yourself.
Benefits of Martial Arts for Kids
Taekwondo training is good for kids’ physical, mental, and emotional health. In fact, this study by Bangor University showed that martial arts students had an improved attention span, greater alertness, and more cognitive control than participants who did not train in martial arts. Conversely, children who reported more than two hours a day of screen time got lower scores on thinking and language tests.
Because Taekwondo is an individual sport, each student advances at his or her own pace. At the same time, kids enjoy the friendship and camaraderie of practicing in a group setting. Enrolling kids in a martial arts program is a great way to get them moving and having fun.
Benefits of Taekwondo for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners
- Improved listening skills
- Increased focus and self-control
- Development of gross motor skills
- Optimized balance and posture
- Establishes a habit of enjoying physical activity
Benefits of Taekwondo for Elementary and Middle School-Aged Children
- Develops courtesy and respect, including self-respect
- Improves self-control, cooperation, and physical coordination
- Teaches how to set and achieve goals
- Encourages kids to persevere when faced with challenges
- Social interaction with disciplined and respectful peers
Benefits of Martial Arts for Adults and Teens
As we get older, it’s easy to get stuck in routines and old activities. But learning something new is good for our minds and bodies. It is exciting to challenge ourselves and acquire new skills–especially when health and well-being are the side-effects.
Taekwondo training provides a full-body workout where teens and adults improve endurance, strength, and flexibility. If you’ve been stuck on a fitness plateau or are finding your old exercise routine uninspired, martial arts classes may be just the thing to get you motivated and excited to workout.
- Dramatically improve fitness levels and achieve whole-body fitness
- Learn and practice self-defense strategies and techniques
- Improve Health and Wellness
- Reduce Stress
- Meet new people and become part of a positive and encouraging community
Start the Year Right
Whether your goal is to lose weight, get fit, improve health, or learn something new, joining a Taekwondo program today will start you on the path to a better year. Here’s to achieving goals and having the best year yet!