Martial Arts Classes for Children Ages 7 - 15
We aim to make every class at Akula Taekwondo the best martial arts instruction experience possible for kids in Novi, Wixom, Northville, South Lyon, Lyon Township, Farmington Hills, Walled Lake, Commerce Township, and surrounding areas. Kids, preteens, and teens learn and grow through our Taekwondo programs. Due to our rolling admissions, children may enroll in our martial arts program and begin learning at any time. We welcome kids who are new to martial arts, as well as those who have trained at other schools.
Children need a safe and welcoming place to expend their energy after school. So kids aged seven to fifteen love our Taekwondo (Korean Karate) Children’s Program. Our Taekwondo kids set big goals, work hard, and follow-through to achieve them. They also have fun and make friends. The children’s successes give them the skills, confidence, and focus needed to succeed in school, at home, and on the playing field.
Character traits developed through traditional Taekwondo practice positively influence students’ work ethic, productivity, and behavior on and off the mat. Happier, more confident students lead to happier families, which lead to more cohesive communities.
We are committed to creating and maintaining an atmosphere of positive energy and respect at our dojang, and support each student in reaching his or her martial arts, fitness, and personal goals.
Benefits of Taekwondo for Elementary, Middle School, and High School-Aged Children
- Increased focus and self-control
- Developing courtesy and respect, including self-respect
- Improved self-control, cooperation, and physical coordination
- Children learn how to set and achieve goals
- Children learn to persevere and not give up when faced with challenges
- Social interaction with disciplined and respectful peers
- Individual sport, so each student advances at his or her own pace
What to Expect
- Introduction to the world of martial arts. Your child will learn the basic kicks, jumps, and spins of Taekwondo in a fun, encouraging setting.
- Children develop a greater sense of respect, discipline, and patience.
- Development of self-control and cooperation.
- Adoption of a healthy lifestyle.
Introduce your child to the wonders of Taekwondo (Korean Karate) and provide a foundation of healthy habits and fundamental skills that will last a lifetime.