A program for children ages 4 to 6
Little Kickers - Taekwondo for Kids
Our Little Kickers Program introduces the skills required for Taekwondo Martial Arts to young children in a fun and encouraging atmosphere. Classes are offered with rolling enrollment, so kids may begin learning at any time.
Akula Taekwondo’s Little Kickers classes are designed to be fun, skill-building, and instill an “I can do it!” attitude. Instructors lead engaging classes where children jump, climb, and learn Taekwondo moves, to develop balance, coordination, and focus — all while having fun.
Little Kickers often traverse an obstacle course designed especially for them and play games they love. These activities boost social and problem-solving skills and coordination, and help kids learn to follow directions.
Our youngest students begin learning traditional Taekwondo forms and movements, which is great for brain and physical development. With consistent attendance and practice, children improve motor skills, build confidence, and gain self-control.
Did you know? Balance maturation is not fully achieved until age 12. Children who practice coordination and balance skills can dramatically sharpen attention and learning skills.
Kids love to earn stripes and belts that indicate learned skills. Our belt and stripe system is a great motivator.
Benefits of Taekwondo for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners
- Improved listening skills
- Increased focus and self-control
- Development of gross motor skills
- Optimized balance and posture
- Establishing a habit of enjoying physical activity
- Gain confidence, and respect for self and others
What to Expect at Taekwondo Class
- Introduction to the world of martial arts. Your child will learn the basic kicks, jumps, and spins of Taekwondo in an encouraging setting.
- Kids develop a greater sense of respect, discipline, and patience.
- Development of gross motor skills and adoption of a healthy lifestyle.
Introduce your child to the wonders of Taekwondo and provide a foundation of healthy habits and fundamental skills that will last a lifetime.