A program for children ages 4 to 6
The Little Kickers Program introduces the skills required for Taekwondo Practice to very young children in a fun and encouraging atmosphere. Classes are offered with rolling enrollment, so children may begin learning at any time.
Akula Taekwondo’s Little Kickers classes are designed to be fun, skill-building, and instill an “I can do it!” attitude. Instructors lead engaging classes where children jump, climb, and learn Taekwondo moves, to develop balance, coordination, and focus — all while having fun.
Little Kickers often traverse an obstacle course designed especially for them and play games they love. These activities boost their social and problem-solving skills and coordination, and help them learn to follow directions.
Our youngest students begin learning traditional Taekwondo forms and movements, which is great for brain and physical development. With consistent attendance and practice, children improve motor skills, build confidence, and gain self-control.
Benefits of Taekwondo for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners
- Improved listening skills
- Increased focus and self-control
- Development of gross motor skills
- Optimized balance and posture
- Establishing a habit of enjoying physical activity
- Gain confidence, and respect for self and others
What to Expect
- Introduction to the world of martial arts. Your child will learn the basic kicks, jumps, and spins of Taekwondo in an encouraging setting.
- Children develop a greater sense of respect, discipline, and patience.
- Development of gross motor skills and adoption of a healthy lifestyle.
Introduce your child to the wonders of Taekwondo and provide a foundation of healthy habits and fundamental skills that will last a lifetime.